The reception closes at. 22:00 every day except Sunday when we close at. 15:00. To enter requires a key or access code, you acquire the code by contacting the reception on tel. +46 (0) 251-105 00. Breakfast and taxes are included in the room rate. Any requests for room type that you specified at booking can be accommodated subject to availability.
Booking and confirmation
A booking is binding once it has been confirmed and you have received a confirmation number. This can be done orally, in writing or digitally. Upon booking, you are required to provide your name, phone number, arrival and departure date and method of payment. To reserve a room at Hotell Älvdalen, you must be at least 18 years. Guests booking the room for a minor is liable regardless of whether you stay or not stay with the minor in the room.
Arrival and departure
The hotel room is at your disposal from 15:00 the day of arrival. Departure day you must check out and leave the room by 12:00.
Cancellation and no show
We follow Visitas cancellation rules. Unless otherwise agreed upon booking, cancellation should be done no later than 18:00 (hotel time), the day before arrival. If you fail to appear without having canceled, or cancel later than 18:00, you pay for one night. If the hotel has incurred costs specifically related to your order, you must also pay these. NOTE! At the Vasaloppet weeks W 8-10, Älvdalen Musik & Motor festival W32, other major events and special packages applies for other reservation rules. See rules at the bottom of the page.
Early departure and stay indefinitely
Valid for booking a particular period of time, but the departure is earlier, it may result in price adjustments. Contact the hotel to notify your departure. Staying at the hotel indefinitely and extend your stay by one day at a time, you need to notify your departure by 18:00 the day before. Otherwise, we charge for an extra day. If the hotel can no longer keep the room available, you have the right to know the latest at 18.00 the day before departure.
For some rates applies prepay. This amount is deducted from the final bill. If you cancel the room without following the cancellation rules, the hotel has the right to retain the booking fee / advance payment. Generally, the hotel bill must be paid when you get it, usually on arrival at the hotel. Hotell Älvdalen accept most common credit cards. The hotel is not obliged to accept credit cards, checks, vouchers or foreign currency unless the hotel has approved it.
Payment may, if agreed, be invoiced. Invoices required detailing the billing address, company, phone number and any reference or label. Upon billing, the payment shall be received no later than 10 days from the invoice date. In case of late payment a reminder fee and a penalty interest according to Swedish law will be added to your bill. We reserve the right to say no to billing at times we find it necessary.
Special requests when ordering or room reservation
If the client specific requirements in terms of food (special diets), pets or adaptation of interiors to clients with disabilities, this should already be booked at time of order. The same applies if the customer requires special security arrangements.
Storage of valuables and luggage in the hotel room or in a locked storage space
The hotel can store your luggage, just tell the reception. Do not leave valuables or luggage unattended. For security reasons Hotell Älvdalen has no obligation to keep property, that is of high value or property that could put the hotel staff or other guests in danger. The hotel has no strict responsibility, for property that you keep in your hotel room, public areas or in the hotel locked storage area.
Your own safety
Always find out where the emergency exits, alarm buttons and fire extinguishers are located. Look for details in the information on the inside of the hotel room door. Please also read the brochure “Living in hotels.”
The entire hotel is smoke free. Smoking takes place outdoors. Guest who choose not to follow these rules is liable to compensate the hotel for the cleaning costs of sanitation and loss of income.
You are welcome to bring your pets to our hotel. Fee per night will be added for each pet. Book directly through our reception. Rooms are limited. Animals are not allowed in our restaurant or other public spaces. Animals are not allowed to sleep in our beds in the hotel rooms. If they do so, the guest have to compensate the hotel for the cleaning costs.
Strikes, lockouts, fire, substantial restrictions on supplies or other circumstances beyond the hotel’s control entitles the hotel to terminate the agreement without any obligation to pay damages.
General and cancellation policies for group, warehouse, event-, wedding, conference bookings
* Valid contract on reservation of group / conference / course / weddings or other events, is valid the same day written confirmation is issued from Hotell Älvdalen. In case of cancellation, the Hotell Älvdalen in writing confirm the cancellation.
* No later than four weeks prior to the beginning of the event, the customer must provide information on the number of participants, hotel and conference facilities at Hotell Älvdalen.
* Within one week prior to the beginning of the event, the customer must submit a list of participants with time of arrival and departure to Hotell Älvdalen. At the same time, the customer must submit applications and data on the equipment and furnishing desired. This shall also include times for meals. Available requests for special arrangements, such as changing meal times, à la carte dinner or other activity, we require this information at the latest than two weeks prior.
* If you cancel less than four weeks before the event, the customer must pay the Hotell Älvdalen with 75% of the agreed price, all to the extent that the premises could not be resold.
* Cancellation later than two weeks prior to the beginning of the event, shall fully indemnify the Hotell Älvdalen the agreed price, all to the extent that the premises could not be resold.
* If Hotell Älvdalen had some incurred costs or expenses resulting from the cancellation or reduction, this shall be compensate in full by the purchaser. If participants do not use their ordered meal, Hotell Älvdalen has the right to bill the full price of order.
* The customer has to settle the invoiced amount within 10 days from the invoice date. Interest is taken for late payment.
* The purchaser has full responsibility towards Hotell Älvdalen, for complete control of all costs under a contract, even when these will ultimately be paid by the participants individually. If participants wish to pay something individually, it must be approved by Hotell Älvdalen at time of booking.
* If the cost of acquisition or delivery of the agreed goods and services would increase as a result of higher taxes, devaluation, public authority decision or similar circumstances, Hotell Älvdalen is entitled to impose surcharges that correspond to the cost increase. Hotell Älvdalen shall promptly inform the client of the surcharge.
* Strikes, lockouts, fire, substantial restrictions on supplies or other circumstances beyond our control, entitles Hotell Älvdalen to terminate the agreement, without any obligation to pay damages.
* Hotell Älvdalen has full responsibility, towards the purchaser, to fullfil agreed-upon commitments.
* The hotel room is at your disposal from 15:00 the day of arrival.
* Hotell Älvdalen has full alcohol rights, which means your own-brought alcohol cannot be consumed in public areas .
* Hotell Älvdalen reserves the right to change prices.